Jeanette Justus has been on the negotiating team for over 40 mitigation agreements between school districts and developers. Some examples are outlined below.
ISSUE: Developer is building large master planned community and desires schools to be built when they are needed within the community. School Districts have desire for schools to be fully funded without losing flexibility to provide an educational program in an ever changing environment.
- The Irvine Company
- Since 1985 Jeanette Justus has worked on school mitigation agreements with the unified districts of Irvine, Tustin, Newport Mesa, Orange and Laguna Beach.
- Rancho Mission Viejo
- We assist in planning and funding the first K-8 school in the Phase 2 of development, 2015.
- Negotiated a School Facilities Mitigation Agreement for The Mission Viejo Ranch with Capistrano Unified School District (CUSD), 2012-2015.
- The firm also assisted with the mitigation agreement for Ladera Ranch.
- New Model Colony
- Representing the developer team, we completed a school facilities plan and mitigation funding agreement, which resulted in a formation and approval by voters of a School Facilities Improvement District Number 2. The mitigation agreement addresses impacts of development of 19,000 units and includes construction of 6 elementary schools and 2 middles schools within MVSD, 2015.
- General Shafter School District
- Currently representing the school district to complete a school plan and mitigation for the development of 12,000 units in Tajon Ranch.
- Santa Paula Unified School District
- Currently representing the school district in negotiations with Lemoneira Company to update the mitigation agreement for the east area one project to complete a developer-built K-8 school.
- Napa Redevelopment Partners, LLC
- Negotiated with Napa Valley Unified School District to complete a comprehensive school facilities and financing mitigation agreement for 945 proposed residential units. The agreement includes the funding of a small K-8 school and a site, 2013
- Newhall Land and Farming
- The firm assisted in preparation of the mitigation agreements for Stevenson Ranch and Newhall Ranch with Newhall School District and William S. Hart Joint Union High School District.
SERVICES: Jeanette C. Justus Associates assists with the development of comprehensive facilities plans that project students, identify existing facility capacity, and identify need for new facilities. Both interim and permanent plans are prepared along with estimated costs to construct facilities and funding sources including state New Construction funding and local funding including Community Facilities Districts, General Obligation Bonds, developer fees, land dedication parcel taxes and etc. The comprehensive facilities plans are incorporated into mitigation agreements satisfactory to the clients. Entitlement issues are avoided.